Hey Disc Golf Community!
We are the Central Midwest Disc Golf Conference, located in Champaign, Illinois.
Our conference contains two divisions consisting of: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Illinois State University, Bradley University and Purdue University within the South-East division and University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Iowa, Iowa State University, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, University of Wisconsin-Platteville within the North-West division.
As a conference we strive to be the number one disc golf conference in the United States and desire to lead the way for conferences of the future.
This year our teams will be traveling within their division to scheduled match play matches against opposing division mates. Schools must play a minimum of 4 conference matches within the regular season culminating in a conference playoffs to end the year. Our schedule for the upcoming season will be released within the upcoming months. The goal of our conference is to allow all players within clubs to have competitive matches against other dedicated clubs. We want to give players an opportunity to compete while not have to travel immense distances in order to keep financial responsibility at a minimum. These matches will count as competing within a conference event to be able to play at the College Disc Golf National Championships.
The format of our conference is as follows:
- Schools will travel to a designated location to play a team doubles match play format.
- Multiple schools may compete at an agreed upon location to satisfy more than one match during the day.
- Schools may play at their respective “home” courses or another agreed upon course to make traveling more manageable.
- A school may bring as many teams to a match play event as they like and will not be penalized for not having at least 3 teams as well.
- Each A team hole won will count as two holes, B Team holes won will count as 1, and C Team holes won will count as half a hole. After the rounds have finished the total amount of holes won will determine the winner of the match play event.
- Fourth, fifth, or more teams will not contribute towards the total hole count but may still participate at match play event.
- Holes tied will result in half the holes value (A,B, or C) awarded to both teams.
- The top two teams in each division will make the conference playoffs.
- The seeding will be determined by the win percentage of teams.
- The conference playoffs will take place at the number 1 seeds desired location or may be agreed upon by the conference or playoff teams.
- The number 1 seed will play the number 4 seed and seed 2 and 3 will play in the first round of conference playoffs. These will also be match play team doubles format. The winners of these two matches will play in the conference championship, leading to our conference champion.
Central Midwest Disc Golf Conference
An inclusive environment to enhance the competition of College Disc Golf and take College Disc Golf to the next level.
Please direct any questions or inquiries to: CentralMW.firstname.lastname@example.org