College Disc Golf National Championship
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Dates: April 1-4, 2020
Event info coming soon!
Teams are generally comprised of four players. Teams may compete with fewer players but will be at a disadvantage.
Team doubles is played with two sets of teammates, one ODD pair, one EVEN pair. The ODD set will tee off on every odd-numbered hole, while the EVEN set tees off on every even-numbered holes. After the tee shots, the team chooses which of the two lies to play. From there, the set that did not tee throws their two shots. Again, the whole team decides which lie to play from and the set that teed off would throw. That alternating process continues until the hole is complete. On the next hole, the corresponding set of teammates according to the hole number, ODD or EVEN, would tee off no matter which set putted out on the previous hole. This format allows for each player to tee off the same amount of times and for teams to play as whole. Each hole has two teams playing together as an eight-some.
All singles rounds will count toward the team score in First Flight and the National Championship Flight. The team’s singles round scores from each player will be averaged and will count toward the team score.
For the Women’s Championship, the lowest 2 singles scores per round, per school, count toward the cumulative team score. Each hole should have no more than two teammates competing to prevent conflicts when making rules calls.
- At the National Championships, we allow teams to substitute players between rounds if they wish.
- Teams are limited to using a maximum of 6 players.
- Those 6 players may be substituted as many times as the team desires.
- Any player who participates in the National Championship Flight will no longer be eligible to play in the First or Second Flight.
- There shall be no substitutions during any round of play except for in the case of injury during team play. An injured player cannot reenter the tournament.
- Once a player is substituted out of individual play, by default, that player will not be eligible for any individual awards.