2020 College Disc Golf National Championship Cancellation,
Dean’s Cup, and 2020-21 College Disc Golf Season
Considering Covid-19 health risks for student athletes and their communities, the Rock Hill, SC host community, and the challenges facing student organizations including lack of travel funding, the College Disc Golf leadership team has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 College Disc Golf National Championship (CDGNC).
A few notes about the cancellation:
- CDG has not yet determined the eligibility of seniors and graduates from the 2019-20 Season for the 2021 CDGNC.
- The Alumni Championship is canceled as well.
- Each player will receive a free membership for the 2020-2021 Season.
- Bids earned during the 2019-2020 Season are non transferable to the 2021 CDGNC.
The 2020-21 Season
The start of the 2020-21 Season will be delayed until the tentative date of January 1st, 2021. College Disc Golf will not award any 2021 CDGNC bids to events taking place before the 2021 Spring Semester. Due to a lack of travel funding, bans on sports club travel, and lack of in person classes, it is not possible to coordinate and plan a competitive season where all of the teams have a fair chance to earn their bid to the 2021 event.
A few notes about the season delay:
- There will be no Dean’s Cup at the USDGC.
- For events taking place before the Spring:
- PDGA sanctioned collegiate events will be added to the College Disc Golf rankings for the 2020-21 Season.
- Non-sanctioned events are discouraged.
- Events must follow all PDGA guidelines for safe event practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Events with 4 person team play will not be included in the rankings, 2 person team play is encouraged instead.
- Memberships for the 2020-2021 Season
- All memberships will be free of charge.
- Rosters must be completed and submitted per the CDG season guidelines.
- 2021 CDGNC
- Tentatively, we are still planning to host the 2021 College Disc Golf National Championship in Rock Hill, SC in early April.
- Dates are TBD.
- If no season or qualifiers occur, CDG will decide how best to award bids to the event should it still happen.
We strive to protect the interests of all parties, especially the student athletes competing in CDG. Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. Please send questions, concerns, or feedback to email@example.com. We look forward to the return of College Disc Golf and the National Championship in the years ahead.
These events make College Disc Golf happen on the ground level. Supported by our Tournament Directors, these qualifiers are your path to the National Championships. Find out more here.
These organizations of geographically centered teams and their leadership are responsible for growing collegiate disc golf on a grassroots level. In an effort to launch the new qualifying format focused around the creation of conferences we are asking your team to either form a conference or join one near you. You can find more information on the conferences page.